This article explains how to fix strange colour shifts when exporting images for the web
- From the bottom of the Layers pallet choose the Create new fill or adjustment layer menu.
- Choose Levels
- Make a tonal adjustment by bringing the highlight and shadow sliders to the ends of the histogram. Adjust the midtone slider to set the desired brightness.
- In the Layers pallet choose Red from the channel menu.
- Slide the midtone slider to the left until the image appears noticeably red. Let your eyes adjust to the colour for a moment then ease back the slider until the image does not look noticeably red anymore.
- Now choose Blue from the channel menu.
- Slide the midtone slider to the right until the image appears noticeably yellow. Let your eyes adjust to the colour for a moment then ease back the slider until the image does not look noticeably yellow anymore.
- View the image before and after the adjustment by switching the visibility of the adjustnment onf and off. Make further adjustments as necessary. The image should not appear noticably red or yellow but should have a generally warmer appearance.
NOTE: Most of the time the green channel will not need adjusting.