The Australian Gender Economics Workshop 2019, hosted by the Women in Economics Network (WEN) and RMIT University, concluded with a Policy Symposium, taking place on 15 February 2019 in Melbourne, Australia.
The Policy Symposium delved into the question “How can economics contribute to the pursuit of gender equity?” featuring our panellists:
- Trish Bergin (First Assistant Secretary, Office for Women, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet)
- Hon. Dr Andrew Leigh MP, Shadow Assistant Treasurer; Federal Member for Fenner)
- Lisa Annese (CEO of Diversity Council Australia)
- Professor Helen Hodgson (Curtin University; Director at National Foundation for Australian Women)
- Moderated by Dr Leonora Risse (Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Fellow at RMIT University; Chair of Women in Economics Network Victorian Branch)
The AGEW2019 Policy Symposium was sponsored by the RMIT Social Change Enabling Capability Platform
Home | Call for papers | Invited speakers | Program | Presentations | Event photos | Keynote recordings | Policy Symposium recording | Key dates | Registration | Venue information | Accommodation & transport | Visiting Melbourne | Event sponsors | Organising committee | Submit your ideas | About WEN | Previous AGEW events | Contact us
RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nations, on whose unceded lands we conduct the University’s business and activities. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present.