Industry Partner: John Laing is an international originator, active investor and manager of infrastructure projects. Its business is focused on major transport, social and environmental infrastructure projects awarded under governmental public-private partnership (PPP) programmes, and renewable energy projects, across a range of international markets including the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. In Australia, John Laing has offices in Melbourne and Sydney. These offices are tasked with accessing a pipeline of projects with local partners. From these offices, regional market developments are tracked and projects developed.
John Laing Australia is seeking an intern who will be working across utility scale renewable energy projects in development, construction and operations. As such there will be the opportunity to be involved in the following activities:
- Technical due diligence on investment opportunities including reviewing Energy Yield Assessments, Technical Due Diligence reports, and project contracts.
- Monitoring the progress of projects in construction, including visiting the project sites and reviewing the progress of EPC contractors.
- Reviewing the performance of operational assets against base case financial models and working with the Asset Manager to identify opportunities to improve the performance and valuation of these assets.
The intern will enrol in Professional Engineering Experience (OENG1198) and work in the Melbourne office for a total of 12 weeks.
- All engineering Honours and Masters students with relevant background, experience and interest are encouraged to apply.
- Send applications (CV, cover letter, recent academic transcript) to Nina Nguyen at: email@example.com
- Only short-listed candidates are contacted for an interview.
- Final approval is made by John Laing.