Seminar: Duadic Codes over Finite Fields

Duadic Codes over Finite Fields

Rekha Mathur, RMIT

Date: Friday 17th May
Time: 3:00pm–4:00pm (Talk & Q/A)
Venue: Building 8 Level 9 Room 66 (AGR) RMIT City campus

The seminar will be followed by snacks and drinks
All students, staff and visitors are welcome

ABSTRACT:  Coding Theory is the study of error correcting codes which are used to detect and correct errors in data when it is transmitted over a noisy channel and it has been developed as a mathematical topic by using sophisticated mathematical techniques from linear algebra, number theory, design theory etc. The aspect of this subject using algebraic techniques came to be known as algebraic coding theory.

In my research work, I studied mainly Cyclic codes over finite fields. My research work is intended to study the computations of idempotent generators of some minimal cyclic codes, called primitive idempotents. Then, these primitive idempotents are used to obtain the idempotent generators of Duadic codes over finite fields.

In this seminar, I will discuss the research work presented in my PhD thesis and also outline how those ideas can be extended to get more similar results.

BIOGRAPHY:  Rekha Mathur has finished her PhD in Algebraic Coding Theory from DCR University of Science and Technology, Murthal (Haryana),  India in March, 2019. Her research work mainly focuses on obtaining idempotent generators of cyclic and Duadic codes. Presently, she is doing casual job as a tutor in Department of mathematics, RMIT.