We have a great line-up for the first Spotlight session on March 10th. It has been brilliant to have received such a rich array of perspectives on the concept and experience of ‘transition’.
Come along and hear stories from staff (and a student!) across the college:
- Taghrid Istivan (Science): Using online approaches to support international students.
- Katrina Neville (Engineering): Developing support sessions and materials to help students articulating from VE/TAFE into Higher Ed.
- Sam Grover (Science): Supporting students in a time of crisis – building emotional intelligence and self care into the curriculum.
- Varinder Sohi (RMIT Flight Training): Developing spaces and behaviours to support students to develop professional identities.
- Kanika Mehra (Science): From students to teachers – how existing students can support transition in Year 1 courses in teaching roles.
- Prue Bramwell (Science): Using Sparkplus to support students to adapt to and embrace group collaboration and team assessment.
If you are interested in exploring some of the literature before you attend, this is a good place to start:
There will be plenty of space to discuss the emergent themes with colleagues from other disciplines, and to apply ideas and approaches to your own teaching. All welcome – whether you are new to the field or equipped to share your own knowledge and experiences.