Canvas Reading Lists are a great tool to give students direct access to any course materials including library collections, textbooks, websites, video or any other resource.
Why use it?
- Your students get quick and easy access to course materials.
- You get support from the Library, including back end copyright management and analytics on usage.
- Adding a reading list contributes to Element 17 – embedding language and readings support.
Set up your Reading List
Enable the menu option
- Select Settings in your Canvas course
- From the Navigation tab, drag Reading Lists into the navigation menu and Save
Create your list
- Select Reading List from the menu and Create it
- Search our Library collections
- Create your own reference manually and upload the file
- My Collection is your own curated list that you can drop in citations from
- Cite It! browser add-on lets you quickly add a website or YouTube video
Roll over your Reading List
You can choose to roll over a reading list, it is not automatically rolled over with your Canvas course.
- In your current Reading Lists, go to the menu (…) and select Roll Over list
- Enter the new course code and select the new course
- Update the Reading List title to match the new course
- When ready, publish the list to your students