To support you in the event the University needs to suspend in-person courses the Learning Enhancement Team are putting together some resources and actions you can take when shifting from face-to-face to online instruction.
How do I continue to provide student consultations?
Microsoft “Bookings” is an online and mobile app which enables you to provide online services on an appointment basis. You can setup a booking page where your students can schedule appointments with you or one of your teaching team to provide online one on one student consultations.
Key interface elements
To get started, follow the instructions below.
- Open Office365 (https://www.office.com/)
- Select Bookings
- Create a new booking page, by selecting new from the label for the default booking page.
- Label the booking page with your course code and semester
- If you have a teaching team that need to be included select staff and add your teaching team here, this is where you can also list your availability for you and your staff.
- Select the booking page menu item, setup your page parameters, make sure you select “require an Office365 account from your organisation”
- Make sure you publish your booking page, copy the “share the page link” and provide to students via a Canvas announcement. Note: The booking app also provides embed code which you can use in Canvas, the following images shows how this would be displayed, you should also provide the link to the booking just in case the embed is not working for students.
- For more detailed resources on how to use the booking app go to https://support.office.com/en-us/article/publish-your-business-calendar-online-with-microsoft-bookings-47403d64-a067-4754-9ae9-00157244c27d