When to use the WordPress platform
RMIT has several official web platforms available for use, all of which come with technical and training support. RMIT’s WordPress network is best used for associated websites of the following types:
- Academic projects
- Labs and research collaboration
- Education projects e.g. students create an ecommerce site
General staff content
- Strategic comms/campaigns
- Extending the Staff intranet e.g. Temporary project sites
How to apply for a new WordPress site
You will need to document:
- The goals of your new website
- Who the target audience is
- Lifespan of the website
RMIT WordPress websites have the address:
Your sitename should include only lowercase letters and numbers, with no spaces. Check that the name you want is not already in use.
Please send a New Website Proposal to get started.
Building your WordPress site
Visit the Edublogs community for guidance and tips on building your WordPress site.
For any technical assistance please contact RMIT service desk