* Dates: 12 weeks, starting any time from 01/01/2020 to 30/12/2020. If students want to start the projects during the semester, they have an option to attend other courses at RMIT Vietnam campus (exchange semester).
* Places: north and central of Vietnam
* Number of internships: 5 unpaid and 5 paid internships
With increasing recognition of the importance of building youth civic participation, RMIT’s Greenhouse and Sustainability Program (GSP) partners with leading Vietnamese NGOs and local communities to engage our students in their humanitarian engineering activities. The students will be provided with internship opportunities to carry out research in the areas of natural disaster mitigation and climate change adaptation. These could be in a wide range of research areas, such as marine waste management, water and sanitation or renewable energy. The research will focus on impoverished coastal communities who are highly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change.
* A minimum GPA of 2.5 and higher; and
* Unpaid internships are open for both Honours and Masters students and both local and international students.
* Paid internships (fully covered) are only available for undergraduate and Australian citizen students.
Students will gain 12 or 24 credit points depending on the course they enrol in and the project they implement during their internship.
* Airfares and accommodation (12 weeks) will cost about $3,000
* Other expenses (e.g. food, local transport, logistic arrangements) will costs about $2,000
* 5 x $7000 New Colombo Plan grants are available for Australian undergraduate students (Honours preferably).
Other Costs to consider:
* RMIT Tuition Fees
* Personal expenses
* Submit your expression of interest at our website (https://sites.rmit.edu.au.au/gps) together with your CV and recent academic transcripts.
* If your application is shortlisted, we will invite you to come for an interview where we can discuss options for the enrolling course and potential start date as well as the potential project that you are interested in (note: the projects will fall in the research areas mentioned at Program Details).
* Selected students are required to pay $150 deposit. This amount will be returned to students after they start the internship. If the students withdraw from the program at late notice (2 weeks before the start date), this amount will be considered as a financial penalty.
Please contact Nina Nguyen for any further information or queries:
(T): +61 3 99259625