Paid internship in Myanmar
Project title: Sustainable and Affordable Housing in Myanmar
Industry partner: NS BlueScope
* Dates: 12 weeks, starting any time from 01/01/2019 to 30/06/2020. Students can start during summer semesters (Jan-March/2019 or Nov/2019 to Feb/2020); or during the semesters if they can manage to undertake other courses online.
* Places: Yangon, Myanmar
* Number of internships: 2 paid internships
As a leading provider of steel solutions with advanced technologies like Smartruss and Smartframe, Purlins, Bondek II, and Trimdek roof profiles, NS BlueScope is currently exploring a sustainable and affordable solution for the housing estate shortage in Myanmar. NS BlueScope would like to engage RMIT students in a research project around this topic. In particular, this mobility project will consists of two main components:
- Design: students will be engaged in research activities such as: (i) market study on current situation and demand for housing in Myanmar; and (ii) solutions for sustainable and affordable housing, including both technical designs and financial analysis.
- Construction (focusing only on the safety of roof installation): students will study best practices and assist NC BlueScope safety professionals to develop a suitable training program for local roof installers.
RMIT will mobilise students from business and engineering disciplines to implement this mobility project.
* A minimum GPA of 2.5 and higher; and
* Paid internships (fully covered) are only available for undergraduate and Australian citizen students.
Students can gain 12 or 24 credit points depending on the course they enrol in and the project they with implement during their internship.
Program Costs (fully covered):
* Airfares and accommodation (12 weeks) will cost about $3,000
* Other expenses (e.g. food, local transport, logistic arrangements…) will costs about $2,000
Other Costs to consider:
* RMIT Tuition Fees
* Personal expenses
* Submit your expression of interest at our website (https://sites.rmit.edu.au.au/gps) together with your CV and recent academic transcripts.
* If your application is shortlisted, we will invite you to come for an interview where we can discuss options for the enrolling course and potential start date.
* Selected students are required to pay $150 deposit. This amount will be returned to students after they start the internship. If the students withdraw from the program at late notice (2 weeks before the start date), this amount will be considered as a financial penalty.