ART AND MUSEUM MANAGEMENT DURING THE COVID-19 DIGITAL ADAPTATION

Most of my research projects are written with reference to the situation of Covid-19. I have been living in Melbourne during my study. I have seen so many ways that art management has shifted from face-to-face to digital and online platforms since the beginning of the pandemic. During the period of Covid-19, art management faced many issues, including the interpretation of indigenous artwork, lack of support funding and lack of in-person participation in public art. My research revealed that most art and culture content was transformed and adapted to online and digital platforms in order to support audience accessibility, engage new audiences, enable remote participation and provide greater inclusivity.

Shifting art and culture programs to digital delivery creates the opportunity to gain new experiences and interactions between audiences and institutions. Additionally, these outcomes lead to more benefits for the community, such as improving quality of life and enjoyment and creating new means of creative communication.

During the pandemic, the ways in which museums responded to digital curation were debated in terms of preserving the museum collection to maintain its value. This had the potential to make museum workers question their jobs. However, digital adaption might be a good way to preserve valuable heritage collections whilst also providing greater accessibility to them.

, ,
Chanoknan Khongkadae