Recipient of the Chapman & Bailey Award for Excellence in Contemporary Painting.

_________________________________

LANDSCAPE / ESCAPE

‘As an artist I’m trying to reflect something back to myself. A feeling, understanding, sense of the world…’ —Kiki Smith

Exploring the silent language of painting and mark-making, my current studio practice reflects an intimate and intuitive search for place and self, revealing a body of emotive abstract landscapes which lean into the depths of the melancholic. 

Grounded in a palette of blues, I enjoy working prolifically to produce large collections of studies that are constantly reimagined, grouped, layered and collaged together as time passes over the course of days and weeks in the studio. Having an ongoing narrative with the arrangement and gathering of works allows room for play, slippage, experimentation and conversation.

Caitlin Rigby, Fallaway/Shelter, 2022, acrylic on paper.

Caitlin Rigby, Mountain/Arch (in nine variations), 2022, acrylic and watercolour on paper.

Caitlin Rigby, Night Piano Trees, 2021, acrylic on paper.

Caitlin Rigby, Making Rainbows Out Of Something Painful, 2021, collage, watercolour, acrylic, gouache on paper and canvas.

Caitlin Rigby, I’m an Ocean, 2022, watercolour and acrylic on paper.

caitlinrigby.com

, , ,
Caitlin Rigby