TRANQUILO (A VISUAL ODE TO SERENITY)

Since the beginning of 2023, my artistic journey has shifted its focus. I originally explored how external influences, such as The Seven Deadly Sins, shape our beliefs and behaviour. This exploration deepened my understanding of how our Western society is permeated with notions of shame, guilt, and the suppression of our true selves. However, I soon came to realise that morality is a personal journey and independent of societal norms.

In our contemporary world, marked by its frantic pace, many individuals experience a disconnection from themselves and others, leading to a sense of unfulfillment, and at times, emotional distress. We all desire happiness, but true happiness is only achieved through acceptance, a process that extends beyond external recognition to the core of self-acceptance. When we embrace and accept ourselves, we begin to tread the path towards genuine happiness.

I believe true peace and authenticity within ourselves can be discovered by listening to our inner voice, our intuition. My latest series of oil paintings seeks to capture the essence of peace and serenity within the human experience. Drawing inspiration from the world of yoga and introspection, these paintings are intended to reflect the states of solitude, fulfillment, and unity. Experiences that invite individuals to investigate their own spiritual nature.

instagram: @soeding__

, , ,
Fiona Soeding