Dean’s Award for Excellence in Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) (Honours).

The Emily Hope Prize- Professor AD Hope Endowment Award.

SOMETIMES I CAN’T EVEN SLEEP BECAUSE I LOVE SOMEONE SO MUCH: AN EXPLORATION OF DEVOTION, LOVE, AND CRAFT THROUGH FANDOM AND POP-CULTURE

My practice-led research project is an open love letter to the many films, television series, and characters that I have adored and appreciated throughout my life. My work explores the complex relationship that I, and other young women have with pop-culture media, and the space we occupy as Fangirls within Fandom, Cyberspace and the ‘real’ world AFK. My practice is a labour of love, which focuses on a combination of craft based materials (papers, plastics, beads and fabric), techniques (sewing, embroidery, wax-work, and collage), and forms (scrapbooks, diaries, and shrines). Through this combination of craft based materials and processes I aim to create works that explore the convergence of the devotion to religious icons, and the devotion to modern icons through Fandom. My exegetical research project follows my own growth and understanding of my place as a Fangirl and the space I choose to occupy in the world, through the creation of a body of work that in the most basic of terms is Fan-Art.

instagram: @Clueless_Leo

, ,
Jale Sezai